Step 1: Improve your academic English Step 2: Enroll at SFUAD as an art and design student!
IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH AND ENTER A DEGREE PROGRAM AT SFUAD!
The Intensive English Program – Pathway is for students intending to enter an SFUAD degree program, but who need to improve their English skills before formally applying to the university as a degree-seeking student.
- Classes are capped at 20 students to have a collaborative learning environment and 1-on-1 time with the instructor.
- Instructors are qualified ESL educators with teaching experience in the U.S. and abroad.
- IEPP Core classes focus on academic reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Special Topics courses vary throughout the year. These courses will give you the foundation needed to succeed in our specialized degree-seeking programs, such as: Film, Design, Art, and Music.
- Coursework totals 25 hours per week.
IEPP LEVELS AND CLASSES
The program is designed so that you are able to progress from one level to the next, classes can be repeated.
Fall 2016: 24 October – 16 December
Spring 2017 A: 17 January – 10 March
Spring 2017 B: 20 March – 12 May
Application Deadlines are 1 month prior to the session you want to attend.
International applicants should begin the admission process six months in advance of the intended term of enrollment.
International students must submit:
- Completed application
- Proof of high school completion or equivalency
- $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for LIU network participants)
- Laureate English Placement Test (After admission, but before issuance of I-20)
Once admitted to the program, students may continue through all levels without reapplying. Criteria for continuation in the IEP program are:
- IEPP courses must be passed with a score of 80% or better
- IEPP courses may be repeated
$2,900 tuition only
$5,000 including tuition, housing, and meals