Explore personal creativity during this 4-month intensive program. Define your creative vision as you study with industry professionals as faculty, mentors and guides, and live within an artistic community in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Santa Fe is a city unique in the world. Its high-desert landscape surrounded by forested mountains and possessing a special quality of light, has inspired artists for generations. Practically everyone you’ll meet here is an artist or involved in the arts. You’ll visit excellent museums, savor gourmet New Mexican food, and attend cultural festivals that celebrate the city’s Native American and Spanish heritage. And you can hike, ski, or snowboard just a half-hour drive from campus.
Programs include: Film. Digital Arts. Graphic Design. English. Arts Management/Business. Creative Writing. Contemporary Music. Performing Arts/Theater. Photography. Studio Arts.
Applying and Admissions
The process of admission:
1. Get permission from your University – meet with your international coordinator. They have information of the process and scholarships.
2. Application Guide – This will guide you through your process and assure that all materials are submitted to SFUAD.
3. Confirmation of English – there is a TOEFL score requirement of at least 500 for conditional admission, and 550 for full. ( Laureate C1 Test how to guide )
• TOEFL (Official): Full Admittance: 550; Conditional Admittance: 500-549
• TOEFL (iBT): Full Admittance: 79+; Conditional Admittance: 61-78
• IELTS: Full Admittance: 6+; Conditional Admittance: 5
• LIU C1 Full Admittance: Listening - 13, Reading - 18, Speaking - 13, Writing - 8; Conditional Admittance: No more then (2) points below the cut off score in any one section, with a maximum total deficit of (4) points
4. Make your application to SFUAD ( Online Application ).
5. Receive an I-20 –This document confirms your eligibility to study in the United States.
6. US Consulate Visit – You must complete an interview with the US Consulate to receive your student Visa.
7. Receive your student F1 Visa.
English Language Class:
Required for students who are conditionally admitted; students are grouped according to their proficiency level.
In case you need our assistance or you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us:
Santa Fe University of Art & Design provides a complete experience, with housing, meals, tuition and activities all included.
Semester Dates: Duration: Sixteen weeks
Duration: Sixteen weeks
• September 2015
• The semester includes 3-4 courses, which can be chosen from a variety of Studio and Lecture classes.
• Studio Class: (4 Credits): Contact Hours: six hours per week x (16) weeks
• Lecture Class: (4 Credits): Contact Hours: four per week x (16) weeks
• Each SFUAD course is usually worth two courses at your home University
Course registration and credit evaluation form
On-campus housing is triple occupancy, meaning you will have (2) additional roommates. By living on campus, you’ll be only a minute way from the café and classes, which are the core of the American University and Community experience. Included in the room are beds, desks, closets and free internet and cable.
Housing contract form
Fifteen meals per week, these meals can be used anytime during the week or weekend. Each meal is a buffet style with many options always available. Hot line, salad bar, soup bar, sandwich bar, dessert bar, and much more.
As an SFUAD student, you’ll be welcomed and included in all campus events like dances, concerts, intramural sports (soccer, basketball, dodgeball, tennis and more), hiking, skiing, rock climbing, and more.