1. Meet with the international coordinator at your Laureate institution
and obtain permission to apply for the “Semester at SFUAD”
program. The International Office at your home university can provide
information about the application process as well as scholarship
2. Application Guide - This will guide you through your process and assure that all
materials are submitted to SFUAD.
3. Confirmation of English proficiency. SFUAD accepts TOEFL, IELTS and
Laureate-administered tests. Scores required for admission are
below. For more information on how to take the Laureate English
Test, please contact your international coordinator at your Laureate
TOEFL (Official): Full Admittance: 550; Conditional Admittance: 500-549
- TOEFL (iBT): Full Admittance: 79+; Conditional Admittance: 61-78
- IELTS: Full Admittance: 6+; Conditional Admittance: 5
- LIU C1 Full Admittance: Listening - 13, Reading - 18, Speaking - 13, Writing - 8; Conditional Admittance: No more than (2) points below the cut off score in any one section, with a maximum total deficit of (4) points
4. Complete the Online Application to SFUAD (Application) and submit required application materials. Please work with the international coordinator at your Laureate institution to ensure all of your application materials are submitted to SFUAD.
5. International students participating in semester abroad are required to obtain an F-1 student visa. SFUAD will provide admitted students with an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility after the offer of admission is accepted by the student. 6. Upon the receipt of the I-20, students may pay their SEVIS fee and schedule an appointment with the US Consulate to apply for the F-1 student visa. Students should not make travel arrangements to SFUAD until they have been granted the F-1 student visa.
English Language Class:
SFUAD requires students who are conditionally admitted to register for English Language Classes.
In case you need our assistance or you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us:
Radi Simeonova, Global Partnership Manager
Mobile Phone: + 1 505-470-1668