All you need to to know about being ready for the best housing experience at Santa Fe University.
Thank you for your interest in living on campus at SFUAD!
It’s the best way to meet new friends and get involved in university life. Housing assignments are based on the date of your application, including the receipt of your Housing Deposit. Apply before June 1 to increase your likelihood of getting your first choice of hall and room assignments. Assignments are contracted for an academic year; therefore, those students attending school for the fall semester will have the same room assignment for the spring semester.
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
Once you have accepted admission to SFUAD, you will need to pay your $200 Housing Deposit. Once your deposit is paid, you will be able to log into the housing application online through the Housing Portal. The Fall 2016 housing application will open on May 1, 2016 for admitted students. There is no fee to apply! In order to log into the Housing Portal, you must have your SFUAD login and your password. If you are under 18 years of age, you will be required to have a parent/guardian co-sign your housing contract.
How to Apply for Housing
2. Select “Apply for Housing.”
3. Read and complete the Terms and Conditions pertaining to the housing contract.
4. Select the application for housing, and complete the personal survey.
5. Once you have successfully submitted your preferences, you will see a confirmation page (and will receive a confirmation email).
6. Later this summer (June 15, July 15, August 15), new students will be assigned based on your survey and matched with another student with similar interests. If you know who you wish to live with, you can go to the Roommate tab and complete the roommate search, which will allow you to request a specific person. Remember: Roommate matches MUST be mutual and your requested roommate must also have completed the application process.
7. Once you have selected your room, you will receive a confirmation.
Vacancies are filled according to:
1. Credits earned
2. Placement on list
3. Roommate compatibility
With very few exceptions, once you move into campus housing for or during the academic year, you are committed to paying the end of the academic year in May. You may not “opt out” of campus housing at the end of the fall semester without penalty. Be advised, there is a $500 termination penalty for terminating your housing agreement before the end of the spring semester. You can read complete information about our Housing Policies in the Student Handbook.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Tuition and Fees page.