Housing and Residence Life is excited to announce our timeline for Housing Selection for the 2017-2018 academic year. In the 2017-2018 academic year, we will be utilizing an updated programming model. What this means for our students is programming and events that are tailored to our students wants and needs. Students can expect to see fun and interesting activities occurring throughout the academic year in their residence halls and apartments. In the past year, we have worked hard to provide a living and learning environment that emphasizes the importance of academic success and community involvement. Additionally, we are assessing current policies and practices to determine how policies can be clearer, easier to understand, and to better serve our students.
Please Note: MUST complete either a Housing Application or a Commuter Request Form. In accordance with university policy and the current two-year residential requirement, students failing to complete either form will have charges applied to their account; however, will not receive a housing assignment until they complete the Housing Application.
Application availability dates:
- On March 13, 2017 – Commuter Form open for all students (Review the Student Handbook to see if you meet the necessary criteria for approval)
- On March 20, 2017 – Student with over 75 credit hours will be able to sign their housing contracts
- On March 21, 2017 – Students with over 45 credit hours will be able to sign their housing contracts
- On March 22, 2017 – Students with over 30 credit hours will be able to sign their housing contracts
- On March 23, 2017 – All returning students will be able to sign their housing contacts
- On March 24, 2017 – Last day for priority Housing Applications to be submitted
- On March 27, 2017 – Housing Applications will open for all new incoming students & Summer Housing Applications will be available to all students
The following housing styles and locations for 2017-2018 academic year:
- King will have Single and Triple occupancy spaces
- St. Mikes will have Double and Double-En Suite Spaces. St. Mikes will also house our Gender Inclusive Community.
- Kennedy will be Double Occupancy Spaces
- Apartments will be Double Occupancy Apartment Spaces and will be for our 21 and older population
Costs per style:
- Apartment Double (for students over the age of 21) - $3728 per semester
- Singles - $3290 per semester
- Double En Suite - $3027 per semester
- Double with Air Conditioning - $2850 per semester
- Double without Air Conditioning - $2716 per semester
- Triple - $1820 per semester
Other notes about Housing for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Priority will be given to students who have submitted their application by 11:59pm on March, 24. This means we will make every possible attempt to place students in their requested building and with the requested roommate(s). For the students who complete their housing application after that date and time have a significantly smaller chance of receiving their requested building and roommate(s). Placement will be based on the date and time you submit your housing application. The sooner you apply, the better your chances of getting what you want.
When completing your Housing Application, will also require to choose a meal plan (as stated in the student handbook and housing contract).
Students will be notified of their building and roommate assignment on April 17. Students will receive an email with updates (including Room Assignments) in July, 2017. Although not likely, it is possible that space changes may take place after you receive your housing assignment. If/when a change is made that impacts you we will send an email notifying you of those changes.
Summer Housing information:
We are excited to announce that we will be offering Summer 2017 Housing in the Mountain View Apartments. Summer Housing will cost $1304.80 per summer session for a Double in the apartments ($2609.60 for the entire summer). Although summer residents are encouraged to take summer classes, we will gladly house any students who are registered for Fall 2017 classes.
Please Note: During the Summer Semester the dining hall will not be in be available to students. This also means that summer residents will not be required to have a meal plan or be charge for dining fees.