Every student has a single academic advisor who will support you through the duration of your education at SFUAD.
Your advisor is there to help you navigate your degree requirements and select courses that match your educational goals, connect you to resources and programs on campus that will enrich your academic experience, and connect your academic learning with your life and career goals.
Through individual advising sessions, workshops, and group advising, your academic advisor is a resource throughout your academic career.
- Ask questions about campus life and resources
- Learn about your degree requirements and how to manage your education
- Discuss roadblocks to academic success and create strategies for success
- Discuss long-term goals and begin to connect those goals to your educational plan
- Learn about academic policies and procedures
- Learn how to use the mySF student portal
- Explore campus programs that can enrich your educational experience (Study Abroad, internships, etc.)
- Declare a minor
- Declare or change a concentration (for BFA programs)
- Learn how to use the Degree Audit on mySF to plan out your remaining degree requirements
- Make changes to degree program or educational goals
- Adjust learning strategies based on first-year performance
- Discuss developing career goals and how they connect to your remaining degree requirements
- Navigate personal commitments, such as living off campus and work, with your educational commitments
- Complete a degree audit to understand your remaining course requirements
- Connect with faculty mentors and Career Services to develop internship opportunities
- Connect with campus resources to prepare you for life after graduation
- Complete a degree audit and your graduation application
- Discuss strategies for balancing your final education commitments with work/internship responsibilities
- Seek out referrals for graduate school or post-baccalaureate programs
Charlie Miu- Director of Academic Advising
Business, Graphic Design, Digital Arts, Studio Arts
Creative Writing, Performing Arts, Photography
Contemporary Music, Film
Contact your Academic Advisor to set up an appointment or come visit during their Open Office Hours.
Location: Mouton Hall
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday