The Artists for Positive Social Change series, launched in 2011, is a university-wide series of events, courses, lectures and performances exploring a specific theme relevant to society, as well as the work of artists who push the creative boundaries of their profession.
Students involved in A4PSC will gain experience in:
- Event/ Festival Management
- Interdepartmental Coordination
- Community Outreach
Previous Artist’s and performances include:
- An Evening with Russian Art Activists Pussy Riot
- Tom Maguire’s Barbarians at the Gate – Stravinsky, Diaghilev & the Ballets Russes
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Coalition film screenings
- Shepard Fairey Q&A and Mural Painting
- Kate Reid in Concert
- Ozomatli in Concert on the Quad, with opening student bands, Inner City Connection and The Skankin’ 2X4s.
- Community Conversation and campus-wide concert with hip hop legends Public Enemy