Whether you have served, or are the child or spouse of a vet, we understand your needs.
SFUAD is dedicated to supporting military veterans and their dependents advance their educations and careers. We understand that for you, continuing your education comes with a whole different set of questions and we’re committed to helping you make the most of the benefits you’ve earned. SFUAD HAS BEEN NAMED A MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL!
Military Friendly® has designated Santa Fe University of Art and Design as a 2017 Military Friendly School! This means that they recognize SFUAD as exhibiting leading practices in recruiting and supporting post-military students! From quality programs that will enable you to better tell your story and those of others to support services on campus, we want to provide you with the best education possible.
ACTIVE DUTY/VETERAN BENEFITS
Santa Fe University of Art and Design honors the following education benefits for active-duty service members, reservists, veterans of the armed forces, spouses and their dependents:
- The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance allowance.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition, fees, and books.
- Active Military Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
- The Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program provides the remaining funds for tuition costs that are not covered under the Tuition Assistance program.
- The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- The Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA) offers benefits to dependents of service members who are permanently disabled due to a service related condition or who died while on active duty.
- The Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) provides benefits to members of the Reserve called to active duty in response to a war or natural disaster.
- The Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) provides education and training opportunities to eligible persons who contributed to the program while on active duty.
- The VA Work Study Program provides an opportunity for students to work on campus in support of their fellow veterans. Students must be actively using one of the other military benefits listed above to be eligible.
*Only one tuition-reduction benefit may be applied to tuition at a time. For more detailed information regarding benefit programs please contact the Financial Aid Office or visit www.gibill.va.gov
If you have any questions about using your benefits or would like to schedule a visit to discuss how we can help serve you, our Enrollment Advisors are available to answer your questions. They can be reached at 877-732-5977 or you can email them at: email@example.com
APPLYING FOR VA Benefits
- To file for education benefits with the VA, the veterans, service members, reservists, and spouses/dependents of a veteran may use the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) website. Visit www.vabenefits.vba.va.gov to file a claim. Please retain a copy for your files.
- After completing the VONAPP (allow 2-3 weeks for processing), you will receive a “Certificate of Eligibility” letter in the mail from the Department of Veterans Affairs, which you must submit to Santa Fe University of Art and Design’s Financial Aid Office.
Veterans are subject to the same rules and regulations that govern other students. Absences and tardiness will be reported to the VA in accordance with current VA directives.
SFUAD maintains a written record of previous education and training of the veteran or eligible person, grants appropriate credit for equivalent coursework, shortens the training period proportionately, and provides notifications to the student and the Department of Veterans Affairs. A veteran or eligible person who, at the end of two consecutive quarters on probation, has failed to earn a grade point average of 2.0 will have his/her VA educational benefits terminated.
Current VA directives prohibit the payment of benefits for any period of training designated as “make-up time.”
APPLICATION PROCESS BY DEGREE
Please start by providing the following information in your online application:
- Personal Information: your profile and contact information
- Academic Information: details about your academic background
Application Information by Degree
- The Film School
- Graphic Design
- Digital Arts
- Creative Writing
- Contemporary Music
- Studio Arts
- Performing Arts
Once you have applied and been admitted, you will be reviewed for SFUAD institutional scholarships as well.
Additional Resources for Military Students: